Last Modified: 1/30/2020
In addition, we may provide you with “just-in-time” disclosures or additional information about the data handling practices of specific parts of our Sites. Such notices may supplement this Policy or provide you with additional choices about how we process your personal information.
3. OUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOU
Jimmy Marketing has a “data controller” or direct relationship with all individuals accessing the Sites, including but not limited to all individuals submitting Personal Information via the Sites for any reason, including but not limited to submitting a “contact us” or other online inquiry form, subscribing to a newsletter or blog, registering for a demo or webinar, or completing an online survey.
Hereinafter we may refer to individuals accessing the Sites individually and collectively as “you.”
4. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” refers to any information about an identified or identifiable individual, and any device information that may be linked with an identifiable individual. Any information that is anonymized or aggregated is no longer Personal Information and we may use it and share it for any reason.
We collect Personal Information from and about you through our Sites. Our Sites are public, and any information that is disclosed on our Sites may appear on search engines or other publicly available platforms, and may be “crawled,” searched and used by other individual or third parties. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal publicly.
In all cases where we share Personal Information with third parties, we will use a “minimum necessary” standard to disclose only that information required for satisfying the purpose of or performing the service for which the information is disclosed.
We generally collect and use information as follows:
Information we collect and when we collect it:
• Information You Provide to Us: We collect the Personal Information you provide to us when you submit a “contact us” or other online inquiry form, when you comment to a blog, or when you email, call, write, fax or otherwise initiate contact with Jimmy Marketing. We record your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address, and any other information you provide) in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
• Performance and Log Data: When you visit the Sites our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) automatically record information created by your use of our Sites, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information related to the Services (i.e., crash activity reports), the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. Please read the “Automated Data Collection Technologies” section of this Policy for more information.
• Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other similar tracking technologies to gather information about how you are interacting with the Sites, which may include identifying your IP address, browser type, and referring page. You may use your browser’s configuration settings to block cookies, and you are provided the opportunity to opt-out of accepting all non-essential cookies. Please read the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section of this Policy for more information.
How we use the information we collect:
• To Provide Customer Service: When you contact us with information requests, newsletter subscriptions, questions, concerns, disputes, feedback, or any for other reason, we use your Personal Information to respond to you.
• To Engage in Marketing and Promotional Activities: We want to keep you updated about our products and services and we may use your Personal Information to send you promotional products and information about Jimmy Marketing, and, as permitted by applicable law, on behalf of our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us (collectively, “Affiliates”) and partner companies. We may engage with you through marketing and promotional activities, including: sending you marketing communications; online surveys; alerting you about events, webinars, or other materials, including those of our partners and Affiliates; and updating you about our relevant products and services. You can opt-out of our marketing activities at any time.
• For Research and Development: We typically use information collected via Automated Data Collection Technologies for functional purposes, to improve the performance and usability of our Sites, and to analyze how users interact with the Sites, as described in “Automated Data Collection Technologies” (below). We may also create anonymous records from Personal Information for certain business purposes of Jimmy Marketing or its Affiliates, including but not limited to, reporting, directing future development efforts, and analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our Sites and services.
• For Security Purposes: We process your Personal Information to enhance the security of our Sites and to combat spam, malware or other security risks. Our processing includes monitoring your activities on our Sites. Without processing your personal information for such purposes, we may not be able to ensure the security of our Sites.
How we share the information we collect:
Please read the “How We Share Information with Third Parties” section of this Policy for detailed information on how we share your Personal Information. Consumer Information collected through the Sites is collected for Jimmy Marketing’s use and is not transferred to a third party for valuable consideration. We may share anonymized information with any third party for any reason.
Generally, we share your Personal Information as follows:
• Consent: When we have your consent to do so, we share your Personal Information as you have agreed.
• Referral Partners: When you complete an online inquiry form to which you were referred by a third party, any information collected on the Jimmy Marketing hosted online inquiry form may be shared with the referring party, and that referring party may use it for their own, non-Jimmy Marketing related, marketing communication programs.
• Marketing Partners. We share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, as permitted by law. For example, when you sign up to a webinar co-hosted by us and a third-party partner, we may share your personal information with the third-party partner.
• Compliance, Safety, and Protection: Personal information we collect may be shared with law enforcement, public authorities, or other third parties for purposes of compliance with the law or in response to subpoenas.
5. AUTOMATED DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you access the Sites, or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using cookies and other types of click-stream tracking technologies. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, device type, device identifiers, browser types and language, referring and exit pages, platform type, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Sites, the number of clicks, the amount of time spent on pages, the dates and times that you visit the Sites, and other similar information. Depending on the law of your country of residence, your IP address may legally be considered personally identifiable information.
We typically use these cookies and similar technologies for essential and functional purposes (e.g. to maintain an active session), to improve the performance and usability of our Sites, and to analyze how users interact with the Sites (e.g. to understand how long users stay on a page, how often they return, and how they arrived at our Site). On certain portions of our Sites we may collect data through these technologies for advertising, remarketing, or other similar purposes. Click-stream and related data is typically used for purposes of system administration, to improve our Sites, for marketing and advertising-related purposes, and other similar uses.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Certain portions of our Sites may collect information via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar digital tracking technologies. These technologies can be used to operate, secure and provide our Sites by collecting and analyzing information related to your use of the Sites.
You have a variety of tools to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of the Site, including:
• Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page to opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies.
• Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
• Control Facebook’s use of interest-based ads through your Facebook account settings, or may visit the customer support page here.
To learn more about cookies and similar tracking technologies, and how they can affect your privacy, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Please note, disabling, removing or blocking cookies may turn off some of the features of our Site that make your experience more efficient, and some portions of the Site may not function properly.
7. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Finally, in extraordinary circumstances, we may share any personal or other information we possess, when necessary or appropriate to: comply with the law; cooperate with law enforcement or national security requirements; respond to subpoenas; respond to lawful requests; comply with law or credit card rules; participate in a lawful federal, state or local government investigation; protect the rights Jimmy Marketing, other individuals accessing Jimmy Marketing Sites, and third parties. However, in doing so, we may: (i) dispute demands for release to the extent we believe, in our sole discretion, are unwarranted, illegitimate or overbroad; and (ii) when we determine that it is necessary or appropriate, we will notify you of any requests for release.
In all cases where we share Personal Information with third parties, we will use a “minimum necessary” standard to disclose only that information required to perform the service for which the information is disclosed.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will retain Personal Information in our CRM for as long as necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which your Personal Information was processed, and for a reasonable time thereafter, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements to the extent permitted by law. While retention requirements can vary by state and country, we generally apply the retention periods noted below.
• Your Interactions on Our Sites: We may store any information about your interactions on our Sites or any content created, posted or shared by you on or via our Sites (e.g., pictures, comments, “Contact us” or other form submissions, and other content) for as long as we deem it necessary or until you provide specific instructions to delete it, which may be indefinitely, or where a valid business reason exists for such storage such as to maintain the integrity of our systems and logs, or for the establishment or defense of legal claims, audit and crime prevention purposes.
• Marketing: We store information used for marketing purposes indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request.
• Cookie Data: We retain any personal information collected via cookies, clear gifs, flash cookies, webpage counters and other technical or analytics tools up to one year from expiry of the cookie or the date of collection. Cookies owned by third parties may have other retention policies.
• Telephone Records: As required by applicable law, we will inform you that a call will be recorded before doing so. Any telephone calls with you may be kept for a period of up to six years.
• Anonymized and Aggregate Data: We may retain anonymized and aggregate data indefinitely.
Jimmy Marketing has implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our thirty party vendor’s servers which utilize industry standard security controls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via our Sites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
10. CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the opt-out instructions we include in such communications. Any communications from us that are not service-related or transactional in nature will offer you an “unsubscribe” option so that you can opt out of receiving such messages.
To the extent required by law, you may choose to opt out of sharing with any other parties with whom we may share your personal information; however, you may be unable to use the Sites or certain features if you wish to limit such sharing.
For individuals located in California, please refer to the “California Privacy Rights” section below.
11. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Jimmy Marketing acknowledges the right of individuals to access their Personal Information. Note that Jimmy Marketing will require you to verify your identity prior to releasing any Personal Information.
Individuals who have submitted Personal Information directly to Jimmy Marketing via the Sites may request that their Personal Information be removed from all Jimmy Marketing systems once per year. To have your Personal Information permanently deleted from Jimmy Marketing systems, you must make an official request in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include specific information that you would like permanently deleted from Jimmy Marketing systems. Jimmy Marketing reserves the right to retain certain account information for its recordkeeping or compliance purposes.
For individuals located in California, please refer to the “California Privacy Rights” section below.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Jimmy Marketing processes your personal data, please contact Jimmy Marketing by email at email@example.com, or by using the contact details below.
12. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally gather information about individuals who are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in the country where they reside. If you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority you should not use or access our Sites.
13. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section only applies to users of our Sites that are residents of the State of California at the time of data collection.
Consumer Information collected through the Sites is collected for Jimmy Marketing’s use and is not transferred to any third party for valuable consideration. However, if you are a California resident, you may send us specific instructions not to sell your personal information now or in the future. Such requests can be made via phone at 860-245-9430, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing at the address below.
California residents may also request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. California law provides that you have the right to receive the following information: (a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing us at email@example.com
Further, California residents may:
• Request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information in our files without undue delay and free of charge, unless we are permitted by law to charge a fee. Your access may be limited to the extent it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other individuals.
• Request to correct or update any of your personal information in our files.
• Request that we erase any of your personal information in our files that: is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; was collected in relation to processing that you previously consented to, but later withdrew such consent; or was collected in relation to processing activities to which you object, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for our processing.
14. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Jimmy Marketing is located in the United States. The services described within the Sites are directed only at customers in the United States. If you are visiting the Sites from outside the United States of America, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States and maintained on computers or servers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. By using any portion of our Sites, you understand and consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
15. CONTACT US
Market Hardware, Inc
4800 Montgomery Lane, Suite 750 Bethesda, MD 20814